100 Instructive Calculus-based Physics Examples: Waves, Fluids, Sound, Heat, and Light (Paperback)
Ships from Warehouse
- over 100 fully-solved examples
- step-by-step solutions with explanations
- standard problems from physics with calculus
- includes tables of equations, symbols, and units
AUTHOR: The author, Dr. Chris McMullen, has over 20 years of experience teaching university physics in California, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and Louisiana (and has also taught physics to gifted high school students). Dr. McMullen currently teaches physics at Northwestern State University of Louisiana. He has also published a half-dozen papers on the collider phenomenology of superstring-inspired large extra dimensions. Chris McMullen earned his Ph.D. in particle physics from Oklahoma State University (and his M.S. in physics from California State University, Northridge).
Dr. McMullen is well-known for:
- engaging physics students in challenging ideas through creativity
- breaking difficult problems down into manageable steps
- providing clear and convincing explanations to subtle issues
- his mastery of physics and strong background in mathematics
- helping students become more fluent in practical math skills
USES: This physics book serves two functions:
- It provides a variety of examples for how to solve fundamental physics problems.
- It's also the solutions manual to Essential Calculus-based Physics Study Guide Workbook, ISBN 978-1-941691-19-9.