The Complete Solvent Handbook: 1H and 13C NMR spectra for over 90 solvents. Complete with physical data and CAS numbers, and various charts such as s (Paperback)
UKCHEM brings you the first ever solvent handbook, complete with a range of data to make it easier within your lab to make informed decisions on the the suitability of solvents for the required tasks. Below are the features of the handbook:
- SOLVENT IN-DEPTH INFORMATION: Each solvent has its own data page with physical data including molar mass, density, melting point, boiling point, polarity and acidity. CAS number is included, as well as solvent GHS pictograms and skeletal formula. Underneath physical data, each solvent has NMR chemical shifts and multiplicity written, as well as charts / spectra for 1H and 13C NMR, included primarily to help you quickly identify NMR peaks against your own NMR data.
- NMR SOLVENT PEAKS: A chart displaying chemical shifts for common solvents in different deuterated NMR solvents. (Deuterated NMR solvents include CDCl3, Toluene-d6, Acetone-d6, DMSO-d6, Acetonitrile-d6 and D2O)
- SOLVENT MISCIBILITY CHART: Chart depicting the miscibility of common solvents.
- SOLVENT DENSITY, BOILING POINT AND POLARITY CHARTS: Compare multiple solvents based on density, polarity and boiling point easily. Temperatures are found in degrees celsius and degrees fahrenheit.
- SOLVENT BOILING POINT VS. POLARITY GRAPH: Depicting solvents as dots depending on their boiling point and polarity.
- EASILY FIND OVER 90 COMMON AND SPECIALTY SOLVENTS: Including the most common solvents that may be found in a research laboratory such as Acetone and Ethyl Acetate, industrially employed solvents such as MTBE and cellosolve and niche solvents found in varying industries such as MIBK. Listed in alphabetical order for easy use, and including a comprehensive index with abbreviations and alternative names included, for example butanone and methyl ethyl ketone.
- HANDY SIZE AND DURABLE DESIGN: Well built A5 handbook makes sure it withstands the rougher lab environment.
The complete set of charts included are:
Solvent polarity index, solvent miscibility, solvent boiling point, solvent density, solvent NMR peak in deuterated NMR solvents, solvent boiling point versus polarity.
Below is a full list of solvents included within this book:
Acetic Acid, Acetic Anhydride, Acetone, Acetonitrile, n-Amyl Acetate, Benzene, Benzonitrile, Benzyl Alcohol, n-Butanol, 2-Butoxyethanol, n-Butyl Acetate, Carbon Disulfide, Carbon Tetrachloride, Chlorobenzene, Chloroform, Cyclohexane, Cyclopentane, Cyclopentyl Methyl Ether, Dibutyl Ether, 1,2-Dichlorobenzene, 1,2-Dichloroethane, Dichloromethane, Diethyl Ether, Diethyl Ketone, Diethylene Glycol, Diisopropyl Ether, Diglyme, Dimethoxymethane, Dimethylacetamide, Dimethyl Carbonate, Dimethylformamide, DMI, DMPU, Dimethylsulfoxide, 1,4-Dioxane, Ethanol, 2-Ethoxyethanol, 2-Ethoxyethyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Ethyl Formate, 2-Ethyl Hexanol, Ethylene Glycol, Formamide, Formic Acid, Glyme, Glycerol, Heptane, Hexamethylphosphoramide, Hexane, Isoamyl Acetate, Isobutanol, Isobutyl Acetate, Isooctane, Isopropanol, Isopropyl Acetate, Ligroin, Limonene, Methanol, 2-Methoxyethanol, Methyl Acetate, Methyl Ethyl Ketone, Methyl Formate, Methyl Isobutyl Ketone, Methyl Propyl Ketone, N-Methyl Pyrrolidone, Methyl Tert-Butyl Ether, 2-Methyl Tetrahydrofuran, Nitromethane, Pentane, n-Pentanol, Petroleum Ether, n-Propanol, Propylene Carbonate, Propylene Glycol, PGMEA, Pyridine, Sec-Butanol, Sec-Butyl Acetate, Sulfolane, Tert-Amyl Methyl Ether, Tert-Butanol, Tert-Butyl Acetate, Tetrachloroethylene, Tetrahydrofuran, Toluene, Trichloroethylene, Triethylamine, Trifluoroacetic Acid, Trifluoroethanol, Turpentine, Wter, Heavy Water, 1,2-Xylene, 1,3-Xylene, 1,4-Xylene.
All data within this book was retrieved July 2019.