Skill Sharpeners: Science, Grade 2 Workbook (Paperback)
Build your second grader's understanding of physical, life, and earth science with this full-color activity book Engaging reading selections, activities, and hands-on projects will motivate your child to learn science concepts that are based on the most current science standards.
Each lesson includes reading selections and activities that focus on one science concept, covering the following second grade topics:
- Changes in Matter
- Forces and Motion
- Forces at Play
- My Body
- Body Parts
- Animal Life Cycles
Space and Earth Science
- The Sun
- Water and Ice
Science and Engineering
Ideal for practice at home and classroom enrichment, this robust Skill Sharpeners: Science workbook:
- provides practice of reading comprehension, vocabulary, and writing skills
- offers striking photography and scientific illustrations to help children connect science to the real world
- is based on Next Generation Science Standards and state science standards
- includes an answer key
Every Skill Sharpeners workbook now includes a free downloadable Teaching Guide The Skill Sharpeners: Science Teaching Guides include:
- How to Use directions for teaching life, earth, and physical science
- Sample pacing guide to complete lessons and activities
- Teaching suggestions for studying the scientific method and graphic organizers for learning vocabulary
- Extension activities that include science journals, additional background information, and hands-on activities to connect children's learning.
A leader in PreK-8 educational publishing, Evan-Moor has been a trusted partner of teachers and parents for over 40 years. Our mission is helping children learn, and we do this by creating resources that motivate children to learn important skills and concepts across the curriculum while also inspiring a love of learning.