Watercolor Made Simple with Claudia Nice Watercolor Made Simple with Claudia Nice (Paperback)
Expand your artistic horizons with watercolor
Watercolor is a fun, challenging medium that captures the magic of light and color. Now world-renowned artist and instructor Claudia Nice helps you get started in watercolor today.
In Watercolor Made Simple with Claudia Nice, you'll start with the very basics, learning new techniques as you paint.
Detailed instructions and step-by-step artwork show you how to:
- Explore the amazing variety of effects you can get by painting watercolors on dry, damp or wet paper
- Mix paint and water to create a variety of soft, beautiful washes
- Use fun and easy techniques such as spatter, sponging and stamping to bring a lively new look to your work
- Blend colors on your palette to capture the precise shade you're seeking
- Use your brushes, papers and paints to produce wonderful textural effects
Throughout, you'll find helpful troubleshooting tips, practical exercises, and Claudia's encouraging advice - all so you, too, can become a watercolor pro.
About the Author
Claudia Nice is the author of 12 successful North Light books including Creating Textures in Pen and Ink with Watercolor, How to Keep a Sketchbook Journal, and Watercolor Made Simple with Claudia Nice. Well-known by both fine artists and decorative painters, her friendly voice and clear instruction reach many artists.