The World Almanac and Book of Facts 2022 (Paperback)
Coming Soon - Available for Pre-Order Now
#1 New York Times Bestseller! Get thousands of facts at your fingertips with this essential resource: business, the arts and pop culture, science and technology, U.S. history and government, world geography, sports, and so much more.
The World Almanac® is America’s bestselling reference book of all time, with more than 83 million copies sold. For more than 150 years, this compendium of information has been the authoritative source for school, library, business, and home. The 2022 edition of The World Almanac reviews the biggest events of 2021 and will be your go-to source for questions on any topic in the upcoming year. Praised as a “treasure trove of political, economic, scientific and educational statistics and information” by The Wall Street Journal, The World Almanac and Book of Facts will answer all of your trivia needs effortlessly.
- Special Feature: Coronavirus Pandemic: A special section provides up-to-the-minute information about the world’s largest public health crisis in at least a century, providing information on what scientists know about the virus variants—and what still needs to be learned—along with an update on U.S. and global vaccination progress. Statistical data and graphics across dozens of chapters show how the pandemic continues to affect the economy, work, family life, education, and culture.
- 2021—Top 10 News Topics: The editors of The World Almanac list the top stories that held the world's attention in 2021.
- 2021—Year in Sports: Hundreds of pages of trivia and statistics that are essential for any sports fan, featuring complete coverage of the Olympic Games in Tokyo and the sports world's ongoing adaptations to the coronavirus pandemic, and much more.
- 2021—Year in Pictures: Striking full-color images from around the world in 2021, covering news, entertainment, science, and sports.
- 2021—Offbeat News Stories: The World Almanac editors found some of the strangest news stories of the year.
- World Almanac Editors' Picks: Time Capsule: The World Almanac lists the items that most came to symbolize the year 2021, from news and sports to pop culture.
- World Almanac Editors' Picks: Memorable Sports Scandals: From a trash-can banging, sign-stealing scandal to the doping of horses and humans, World Almanac editors select some of the sports world's biggest black marks from the last 20 years.
- The World at a Glance: This annual feature of The World Almanac provides a quick look at the surprising stats and curious facts that define the changing world.
- The Biden Administration: Complete coverage of the presidential transition in Washington, DC, including cabinet-level leadership and the filling of other key administration roles.
- Other New Highlights: First data available from the 2020 Census, congressional appropriation and redistricting, the legacy of the Trump Administration, and much more.
About the Author
Sarah Janssen is the editor of The World Almanac and Book of Facts. She lives in Brooklyn, New York.