A Fiancée's Guide to First Wives and Murder (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery #4) (Paperback)
Ships from Warehouse
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the A Countess of Harleigh Mystery series.
- #1: A Lady's Guide to Etiquette and Murder (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery #1) (Paperback): $15.95
- #2: A Lady's Guide to Gossip and Murder (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery #2) (Paperback): $15.95
- #3: A Lady's Guide to Mischief and Murder (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery #3) (Paperback): $15.95
- #5: A Bride's Guide to Marriage and Murder: A Brilliant Victorian Historical Mystery (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery #5) (Paperback): $16.95
- #6: A Newlywed's Guide to Fortune and Murder: A Sparkling and Witty Victorian Mystery (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery #6) (Hardcover): $27.00
Agatha Award winning author Dianne Freeman returns to Victorian England, as the future Mrs. George Hazelton, American-born Countess of Harleigh, encounters a young French woman with the shocking claim that she is the rightful Mrs. Hazelton...
For Frances Wynn, widow to the late Earl of Harleigh, life has a cosmopolitan flavor of late. No sooner has she sent her mother and daughter off on a shopping trip to Paris than she and her fiancé, George Hazelton, are socializing with visiting members of the Russian royal family. Amid this whirlwind, scandal also comes calling when Inspector Delaney turns up outside Frances’s house with a young French woman with a shocking claim: she is Mrs. George Hazelton.
As the future Mrs. George Hazelton, Frances assumes the woman is either lying or demented. “Mrs. Hazelton,” aka Irena, makes other outrageous statements. Among them, she insists that she is the illegitimate daughter of Russian royalty, that she has been abducted many times, and that someone is sending her threatening letters. When George arrives, he clarifies that he is certainly not married to Irena—though he can confirm her royal parentage. But even as he agrees to investigate whether Irena’s life is in danger, her claim proves tragically true. Irena is found strangled in Frances’ garden.
To uncover a killer—and clear their own names—Frances and George must determine which of Irena’s outlandish stories were based in fact. And as the search reaches a shocking conclusion, they may find that villainy lurks all too close to home…
About the Author
Dianne Freeman is the acclaimed author of the Agatha and Lefty Award-winning Countess of Harleigh Mystery series. A nominee for the prestigious Mary Higgins Clark Award from Mystery Writers of America, she is also a Macavity Award finalist. She spent thirty years working in corporate accounting and finance and now writes full-time. Born and raised in Michigan, she and her husband now split their time between Michigan and Arizona. Visit her at DiFreeman.com.