A Lady's Guide to Mischief and Murder (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery #3) (Paperback)
Ships from Warehouse
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the A Countess of Harleigh Mystery series.
- #1: A Lady's Guide to Etiquette and Murder (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery #1) (Paperback): $15.95
- #2: A Lady's Guide to Gossip and Murder (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery #2) (Paperback): $15.95
- #4: A Fiancée's Guide to First Wives and Murder (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery #4) (Paperback): $15.95
- #5: A Bride's Guide to Marriage and Murder: A Brilliant Victorian Historical Mystery (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery #5) (Paperback): $16.95
- #6: A Newlywed's Guide to Fortune and Murder: A Sparkling and Witty Victorian Mystery (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery #6) (Hardcover): $27.00
- #7: An Art Lover's Guide to Paris and Murder (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery #7) (Hardcover): $27.00
In Agatha and Lefty Award-winning author Dianne Freeman's third Countess of Harleigh Mystery set in Victorian England, the widowed, American-born aristocrat Frances Wynn finds her sister's wedding threatened by a vow of vengeance...
London is known for its bustle and intrigues, but the sedate English countryside can host--or hide--any number of secrets. Frances, the widowed Countess of Harleigh, needs a venue for her sister Lily's imminent wedding, away from prying eyes. Risings, George Hazleton's family estate in Hampshire, is a perfect choice, and soon Frances, her beloved George, and other guests have gathered to enjoy the usual country pursuits--shooting, horse riding, and romantic interludes in secluded gardens.
But the bucolic setting harbors a menace, and it's not simply the arrival of Frances' socially ambitious mother. Above and below stairs, mysterious accidents befall guests and staff alike. Before long, Frances suspects these "accidents" are deliberate, and fears that the intended victim is Lily's fiancé, Leo. Frances' mother is unimpressed by Lily's groom-to-be and would much prefer that Lily find an aristocratic husband, just as Frances did. But now that Frances has found happiness with George--a man who loves her for much more than her dowry--she heartily approves of Lily's choice. If she can just keep the couple safe from villains and meddling mamas.
As Frances and George search for the culprit among the assembled family, friends, and servants, more victims fall prey to the mayhem. Mishaps become full-blooded murder, and it seems that no one is safe. And unless Frances can quickly flush out the culprit, the peal of wedding bells may give way to another funeral toll.
About the Author
Dianne Freeman is the acclaimed author of the Countess of Harleigh Mystery series. She is an Agatha Award and Lefty Award winner, as well as a nominee for the Macavity Sue Feder Historical Mystery Award and the prestigious Mary Higgins Clark Award from Mystery Writers of America. A member of Sisters in Crime and Historical Novel Society, she spent thirty years working in corporate accounting and finance and now writes full-time. Born and raised in Michigan, she and her husband now split their time between Michigan and Arizona. Visit her at DiFreeman.com.