A Lady's Guide to Etiquette and Murder (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery #1) (Paperback)
Ships from Warehouse
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the A Countess of Harleigh Mystery series.
- #2: A Lady's Guide to Gossip and Murder (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery #2) (Paperback): $15.95
- #3: A Lady's Guide to Mischief and Murder (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery #3) (Paperback): $15.95
- #4: A Fiancée's Guide to First Wives and Murder (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery #4) (Paperback): $15.95
- #5: A Bride's Guide to Marriage and Murder: A Brilliant Victorian Historical Mystery (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery #5) (Paperback): $16.95
- #6: A Newlywed's Guide to Fortune and Murder: A Sparkling and Witty Victorian Mystery (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery #6) (Hardcover): $27.00
- #7: An Art Lover's Guide to Paris and Murder (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery #7) (Hardcover): $27.00
In this exciting historical mystery debut set in Victorian England, a wealthy young widow encounters the pleasures—and scandalous pitfalls—of a London social season . . .
Frances Wynn, the American-born Countess of Harleigh, enjoys more freedom as a widow than she did as a wife. With her young daughter in tow, Frances rents a home in Belgravia and prepares to welcome her sister, Lily, arriving from New York—for her first London season.
But no sooner has Frances begun her new life than the Metropolitan police receive an anonymous letter implicating Frances in her husband’s death. Frances assures Inspector Delaney of her innocence, but she’s also keen to keep him from learning the scandalous circumstances of Reggie’s demise. As fate would have it, her dashing new neighbor, George Hazelton, is one of only two other people aware of the full story.
While busy with social engagements on Lily’s behalf, and worrying if Reggie really was murdered, Frances rallies her wits, a circle of gossips, and the ever-chivalrous Mr. Hazelton to uncover the truth. A killer is in their midst and Frances must unmask the villain before Lily’s season—and their lives—come to a most unseemly end . . .
“This lighthearted debut tale of mystery, love, and a delightful sleuth will leave you wanting more—which is presumably just what Freeman had in mind.”
About the Author
Dianne Freeman is the acclaimed author of the Countess of Harleigh Mystery series. She is an Agatha Award and Lefty Award finalist, as well as a nominee for the prestigious Mary Higgins Clark Award from Mystery Writers of America. She spent thirty years working in corporate accounting and finance and now writes full-time. Born and raised in Michigan, she and her husband now split their time between Michigan and Arizona. Visit her at www.DiFreeman.com.