Effective Devops: Building a Culture of Collaboration, Affinity, and Tooling at Scale (Paperback)
Some companies think that adopting devops means bringing in specialists or a host of new tools. With this practical guide, you'll learn why devops is a professional and cultural movement that calls for change from inside your organization. Authors Ryn Daniels and Jennifer Davis provide several approaches for improving collaboration within teams, creating affinity among teams, promoting efficient tool usage in your company, and scaling up what works throughout your organization's inflection points.
Devops stresses iterative efforts to break down information silos, monitor relationships, and repair misunderstandings that arise between and within teams in your organization. By applying the actionable strategies in this book, you can make sustainable changes in your environment regardless of your level within your organization.
- Explore the foundations of devops and learn the four pillars of effective devops
- Encourage collaboration to help individuals work together and build durable and long-lasting relationships
- Create affinity among teams while balancing differing goals or metrics
- Accelerate cultural direction by selecting tools and workflows that complement your organization
- Troubleshoot common problems and misunderstandings that can arise throughout the organizational lifecycle
- Learn from case studies from organizations and individuals to help inform your own devops journey
About the Author
Jennifer Davis is an experienced operations engineer, international speaker, and author. Her books include Modern System Administration, Effective DevOps, and Collaborating in DevOps Culture. Jennifer has worked with a variety of companies, from startups to large enterprises, improving operability practices and encouraging sustainable work.Ryn Daniels is a staff infrastructure engineer at TravisCI, where they solve interesting operational problems at scale. Previously, they were a senior operations engineer focusing on infrastructure deployment and monitoring. They have written and spoken about operations, organizational learning and post-mortems, and engineering culture, and also co-authored Effective DevOps.