The Ophelia Cut: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #14) (Paperback)
Ships from Warehouse
Other Books in Series
This is book number 14 in the Dismas Hardy series.
- #1: Dead Irish (Dismas Hardy #1) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #2: The Vig (Dismas Hardy #2) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #3: Hard Evidence (Dismas Hardy #3) (Paperback): $10.99
- #4: The 13th Juror (Dismas Hardy #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: The Mercy Rule (Dismas Hardy #5) (Compact Disc): $19.99
- #6: Nothing but the Truth (Dismas Hardy #6) (Paperback): $11.99
- #7: The Hearing (Dismas Hardy #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: The Oath (Dismas Hardy #8) (Paperback): $10.99
- #9: The First Law (Dismas Hardy #9) (Paperback): $11.99
- #10: The Second Chair (Dismas Hardy #10) (Paperback): $9.99
- #11: The Motive (Dismas Hardy #11) (Paperback): $9.99
- #12: Betrayal (Dismas Hardy #12) (Paperback): $9.99
- #13: A Plague of Secrets (Dismas Hardy #13) (Paperback): $9.99
- #15: The Keeper: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #15) (Paperback): $19.99
- #16: The Fall: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #16) (Paperback): $16.00
- #17: Poison: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #17) (Paperback): $17.99
- #18: The Rule of Law: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #18) (Paperback): $17.00
- #19: The Missing Piece: A Novel (Dismas Hardy #19) (Paperback): $17.00
May 2013 Indie Next List
— Elaine Petrocelli, Book Passage, Corte Madera, CA
In this riveting New York Times bestselling novel from the “master of the legal thriller” (Chicago Sun-Times) John Lescroart, defense attorney Dismas Hardy tackles his most personal and complex case yet—defending his brother-in-law against murder charges.
When Moses McGuire becomes the prime suspect in the murder of his own daughter’s rapist, attorney Dismas Hardy—Moses’s brother-in-law—agrees to defend him. But McGuire has fallen off the wagon, and his stay in prison could bring to light old secrets that would destroy Hardy and his closest colleagues’ careers. As the overwhelming evidence against McGuire piles up, Hardy focuses on planting doubt in the minds of the jurors—until, in a feat of legal ingenuity that is staggering in both its implications and its simplicity, he sees a new way forward that might just save them all. But at what price?
About the Author
John Lescroart is the New York Times bestselling author of twenty-nine previous novels, including the The Rule of Law, Poison, and Fatal. His books have sold more than ten million copies and have been translated into twenty-two languages. He lives in Northern California.
" Smart, riveting, and utterly compelling, The Ophelia Cut has and an incredible cast of characters from whom you will not want to depart...hands-down the best legal thriller I have read in years and a perfect case study for why readers love the brilliant John Lescroart. ”
— Brad Thor, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Black List
"Nothing short of magic, dark and delicious. The Ophelia Cut is the work of a master at the top of his game."
— William Kent Krueger, New York Times bestselling author of Trickster's Point
“Bristling with red-hot suspense, The Ophelia Cut is the roller-coaster ride of a lifetime... You'll love this book."
— Gayle Lynds, New York Times bestselling author of The Book of Spies
“An amazing page-turner, emotional, significant and suspenseful. Lescroart has written his most gripping novel to date, one which sets a new standard. ”
— M.J. Rose, internationally bestselling author
“[A] tense and intricate tale. . . Lescroart is a master of legal suspense. . . The Ophelia Cut will be remembered more as a literary endeavor in the vein of Scott Turow than anything Lescroart has done.”
— Associated Press
“Lescroart is a master at building tension to a complicated climax that will satisfy both old and new readers alike.”
— The Florida Times-Union
"A nail-biting suspense yarn that's not to be missed."
— Providence Journal