Light & Color: Best of Watercolor (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 14 in the Splash series.
- #13: Alternative Approaches: The Best of Watercolor (Hardcover): Out-of-Stock
- #15: Splash 15: Creative Solutions (Splash: The Best of Watercolor #15) (Hardcover): Out-of-Stock
- #16: Splash 16: Exploring Texture (Splash: The Best of Watercolor #16) (Hardcover): Out-of-Stock
- #17: Splash 17: Inspiring Subjects (Splash: The Best of Watercolor #17) (Hardcover): Out-of-Stock
- #18: Splash 18: Value - Celebrating Light and Dark (Splash: The Best of Watercolor #18) (Hardcover): Out-of-Stock
- #19: Splash 19: The Illusion of Light (Splash: The Best of Watercolor #19) (Hardcover): Out-of-Stock
- #20: Splash 20: Creative Compositions (Splash: The Best of Watercolor #20) (Hardcover): $54.00
""Sometimes the beauty of light can last only an instant...be ready." - Laurie Goldstein-Warren, P119"
It starts with a sparkle of light, the expressive way a shadow maps out a face, the almost other-worldly luminosity of roses on an overcast day. These are the moments, often brief and unexpected, that turn ordinary subjects into powerful inspiration, and--when handled with skill and originality--a painting into a masterpiece.
The magical moments featured in "Splash 14" evoke the very essence of watercolor--light and color. More than 120 brilliant paintings are accompanied by generous insights from the artists. Find out how they captured lyrical light effects, quiet moods, lively shadows, and incredibly subtleties or shouts of color.
In keeping with the "Splash" tradition, this volume celebrates the heart, spirit and innovation of contemporary watercolor. It promises hours of enjoyment and intrigue for artists and art-enthusiasts alike.
""A great painting is more often the result of an enjoyable journey than a planned process." - Janet Nunn, P110.
About the Author
Rachel Rubin Wolf is a freelance editor and artist, and has edited 30+ North Light Books, recently "Splash 12" and "Splash 13" and the upcoming "Strokes of Genius 4." She's a former employee of F+W Media and continues to freelance for the company. She also writes for "Plein Air magazine." Visit the Splash website at artistnetwork.com/splashwatercolor for more information.