Universal Design Toolkit: Time-Saving Ideas, Resources, Solutions, and Guidance for Making Homes Accessible (Paperback)
The Ultimate Resource for Aging in Place With Dignity and Grace
Are you looking for housing options that are safer and more accommodating for independently aging in place? Do you want to enjoy comfort, accessibility, safety and peace of mind - despite your disabilities, limitations and health challenges? The help you need is available in the Universal Design Toolkit: Time-saving ideas, resources, solutions, and guidance for making homes accessible.
This is the ultimate resource for individuals and professionals who want to save time, money and energy when designing, building, remodeling or downsizing a home. The Universal Design Toolkit will help you take the steps to design homes for your clients or yourself while eliminating the costly trial and error challenges you'd inevitably encounter if faced with this learning curve on your own.
Rosemarie Rossetti, Ph.D., teamed with her husband Mark Leder in creating this unique Toolkit. They bring ten years of research, design and building expertise by serving as the general contractors for their home, the Universal Design Living Laboratory - which is the highest rated universal design home in North America.
Within the Toolkit's 200 richly illustrated pages, you'll find:
- Insights that distinguish essential products, services and resources from the unnecessary.
- Proven, realistic tips for finding the right home.
- Home features you need to look for. Nothing is assumed or left out.
- Handy home checklists and assessments.
- Interview questions to help you hire industry professionals with knowledge and experience.
- Photographs that provide a frame of reference to inspire, clarify and illuminate features and benefits.
- Valuable resources to save you time, money and energy.
- Helpful sources of funding.
- Space planning dimensions for access using assistive devices such as wheelchairs and walkers.
- And so much more
If you want useful, dependable advice and easy to implement ideas from respected experts who know the ropes, you'll love Rossetti and Leder's perspective. As a speaker, author and consultant who uses a wheelchair, Rossetti has helped hundreds of people design their ideal homes. Now her comprehensive Toolkit is available to help and support you
Get the Universal Design Toolkit now to start your project