Machinery's Handbook: Large Print (Large Print / Hardcover)
Ships from Warehouse
Note: This edition is called "Large Print" as it is an enlarged (7" X 10") version of the original, smaller (4.6" x 7") Toolbox sized edition of this title. The text in this edition is the size of standard reference materials and is not enlarged print for individuals with partial sight.Since the first edition published more than 100 years ago, Machinery's Handbook has been the most popular engineering resource of all time. Universally considered the principal reference in the manufacturing and mechanical industries, the Handbook is the ultimate collection of essential information needed by engineers, designers, drafters, metalworkers, toolmakers, machinists, educators, students, and serious home hobbyists. From engineering and design departments, machine and metalworking shops, and a wide range of manufacturing and industrial facilities, to countless classrooms and workshops worldwide, this is the must-have technical reference. Machinery's Handbook is acknowledged as an exceptionally authoritative and comprehensive, yet highly practical, and easy-to-use tool. The 31st edition of the "Bible of the Mechanical Industries" continues in this tradition. New to the 31st Edition
- Additive Manufacturing: Expert discussions, exploring 3D printing materials, techniques, and workflow, compare traditional machining to today's additive manufacturing processes.
- Machine Elements and Operations: Updated and expanded coverage of CAD/CAM operations, boring, nontraditional cutting methods, o-rings and glands, and transmission chains.
- Manufacturing and Materials: Additional information on utilizing today's plastics, powder metallurgy standard and tool steels, manufacturing stresses, and preventing corrosion.
- Metal Casting and Molding: New information for working with iron, steel, nonferrous metals, and alloys, metal casting and molding processes, and modeling and design considerations.
- Math, Measurement, and Dimensioning: Reorganized, revised, and expanded sections provide ready access to clear information, essential formulas, and everyday calculations and conversions.
- Metalworking Processes: More on brazing, soldering, welding, nondestructive testing, forming sheet metal, mill finishes, passivation, electropolishing, and plating.
- Threads and Threading: The latest series and selected combinations for Unified Screw Threads.
- Hundreds of Standards Updates: All ASME and ANSI standards material has been reconfirmed and revised to provide the latest industry specifications, including the game-changing ASME Y14.5-2018 standard.
- Thousands of Revisions: A world-class team of technical experts, educators, editors, and illustrators has contributed to new, revised, and updated text, tables, equations, figures.
About the Author
Erik Valdemar Oberg, born 1881, died 1951.