Birds of Mexico and Central America (Princeton Illustrated Checklists) (Paperback)
Birds of Mexico and Central America is the only field guide to illustrate and describe every species of bird in Central America from Mexico to Panama, including Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, and Costa Rica. Written and illustrated by Ber van Perlo, this handsome work covers more than 1,500 species.Information on key identification features, habitats, songs, and calls is included as are distribution maps showing each species' location and prevalence. Enhanced with ninety-eight color plates, the book provides illustrations of all plumages for the adult males and females as well as the juveniles of each species. Illustrations appear opposite their relevant text for quick and easy reference. Comprehensive and highly portable, this guide is a must for any birdwatcher visiting the region.
- More than 1,500 species described and illustrated
- Information on key identification features, habitat, and songs and calls
- Distribution maps showing each species' location and prevalence
- Illustrations of all plumages for each species
- 98 color plates, which appear opposite their relevant text for quick and easy reference
- Comprehensive and highly portable
- A must for all birdwatchers visiting the region
About the Author
Ber van Perlo is the author and illustrator of three highly successful Princeton Illustrated Checklists: Birds of Eastern Africa, Birds of Southern Africa, and Birds of Western and Central Africa.