Novel & Short Story Writer's Market 40th Edition: The Most Trusted Guide to Getting Published (Paperback)
Coming Soon - Available for Pre-Order Now
The best resource for getting your fiction published, fully revised and updated
Novel & Short Story Writer's Market is the go-to resource you need to get your short stories, novellas, and novels published. The 40th edition of NSSWM features hundreds of updated listings for book publishers, literary agents, fiction publications, contests, and more. Each listing includes contact information, submission guidelines, and other essential tips.
This edition of Novel & Short Story Writer's Market also offers
• Hundreds of updated listings for fiction-related book publishers, magazines, contests, literary agents, and more
• Interviews with bestselling authors Celeste Ng, Viet Thanh Nguyen, Beverly Jenkins, and Chris Bohjalian
• A detailed look at how to choose the best title for your fiction writing
• Articles on tips for manuscript revision, using out-of-character behavior to add layers of intrigue to your story, and writing satisfying, compelling endings
• Advice on working with your editor, keeping track of your submissions, and diversity in fiction
About the Author
Amy Jones is editor in chief of Writer’s Digest and the former managing content director for WD Books. Prior to joining the WD team, she was the managing editor for North Light Books and IMPACT Books. Like most WD staffers, Amy is a voracious reader and has a particular interest in literary fiction, historical fiction, page-turning mysteries, and steamy, diverse romance. She is a volunteer for the Dayton Literary Peace Prize and at Ohio Alleycat Resource, her local no-kill cat shelter. Find Amy on Twitter at @AmyMJones_5.
Writer's Digest Books is a leading publisher of professional advice for writers. The Writer’s Market books have been trusted resources for both aspiring and experienced writers for generations. With separate editions for writers of fiction and poetry, writers and illustrators of children’s books, those seeking literary representation, as well as a general audience, these reliable guides provide a plethora of information and answers to the most often asked questions about how to get published and navigate the industry.