The Routledge Course on Media, Legal and Technical Translation: English-Arabic-English (Paperback)
The Routledge Course on Media, Legal and Technical Translation: English-Arabic-English is an indispensable and engaging coursebook for university students wishing to develop their English-Arabic-English translation skills in these three text types. Taking a practical approach, the book introduces Arab translation students to common translation strategies in addition to the linguistic, syntactic, and stylistic features of media, legal, and technical texts. This book features texts carefully selected for their technical relevance. The key features include:
- comprehensive four chapters covering media, legal, and technical texts, which are of immense importance to Arab translation students;
- detailed and clear explanations of the lexical, syntactic, and stylistic features of English and Arabic media, legal, and technical texts;
- up-to-date and practical translation examples in both directions offering students actual experiences of professional translators;
- authentic texts extracted from various sources to promote students' familiarity with language features and use;
- extensive range of exercises following each section of the book to enable students to test and practice the knowledge and skills they developed from reading previous sections;
- glossaries following most exercises containing the translation of difficult words;
- a list of recommended readings following each chapter.
The easy, practical, and comprehensive approach adopted in the book makes it a must-have coursebook for intermediate and advanced students studying translation between English and Arabic. University instructors and professional translators working on translation between English and Arabic will find this book particularly useful.
About the Author
Mahmoud Altarabin is an assistant professor of translation and linguistics at the Department of English, Islamic University of Gaza. He designs and teaches translation courses for undergraduates and postgraduates.